Westbrook Public Schools Mission and Vision
Westbrook Mission Statement
The Westbrook Public Schools will...
Board Adopted: February 14, 2012
Students in the Westbrook Public Schools achieve at high levels through a variety of authentic learning experiences that meet their individual needs. Authentic, relevant and research-based strategies and resources prepare them for the challenges of global citizenship. Each member of Westbrook’s learning community is encouraged to share ideas, collaborate, and reflect in an atmosphere where all feel valued. The Westbrook Board of Education believes that continuous and open collaboration creates an environment that promotes life-long learning.
Adopted: June 10, 2008
- Promote high academic achievement.
- Advocate effectively for education using a variety of communications tools to reach all constituents
- Recruit, develop, support, and retain outstanding personnel.
- Educate students in the skills necessary for healthy, productive, and fulfilling lives.
- Provide an appropriate learning environment that promotes life-long learning.