The 2021-2022 bus routes have been made available within the parent and student portal of PowerSchool. To view this information, please log in to the PowerSchool portal and look for the section labeled "Bus Information" on the main screen. For bus route questions, please contact the main office of the school where your child is enrolled.
Bus Safety Rules
Dear Parents / Guardians,
We would appreciate it if you would take the time to review the following important school bus safety information with your child(ren).
- Arrive at your bus stop 5-minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Respect each other, and the property of others, while waiting for the bus to arrive and when getting off the bus in the afternoon.
- If your stop is at the corner of a street, please wait several feet back from the corner.
- In the afternoon, please get off the bus and walk away from the bus immediately. If you drop something, leave it there until an adult can help you to retrieve it. PLEASE NEVER GO BACK TOWARD THE BUS.
- No fighting, pushing or shoving inside or outside the school bus.
- ALWAYS wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before walking toward the bus to board and/or before getting up from your seat to get off the bus.
- Line up in a single file to get on and off the bus. Do not push.
- If you must cross the street to get on the bus, wait for the driver to signal you (by nodding their head yes) that it is safe for you to cross.
- If you must cross the street in the afternoon, get off the bus, walk 10-feet ahead of the bus and look up to your driver and wait for them to signal you (by nodding their head yes) that it is safe for you to cross.
- When boarding the bus, go immediately to a seat and put your bags on your lap. Remain seated until you get to school and/or to your designated stop.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Do not put your hand, or any body parts, out the bus windows. Do not throw things in or out of the bus.
- Always follow your driver’s instructions. Their job is to keep you safe.
- There will be no bullying or teasing allowed on the bus. Please be kind to one another.
- Report any problems you are having to your bus driver.
- Parents waiting at the bus stops, with small children and/or pets are asked to wait back away from the stop. Please allow your child(ren) to get off the bus and walk to you. Please do not approach the bus.
These safety rules are not necessarily all-inclusive.
If a child does not follow the rules on the school bus, the driver may assign that child to a seat. Further problems will result in a written notice to the school identifying the child’s behavior, concerns, and/or problems.
Thank you for your attention to this information. We appreciate your help and cooperation as we work to provide safe, timely transportation of all students to and from school.